It is easy to see foundation problems in older houses, but foundation issues can happen at any age. Whether you are dealing with cracks, foundation settlement, or foundation sinking, it’s important to fix the problem as soon as possible. Foundation repair methods vary depending on the type and severity of your issue. Learn about five of the best foundation repair methods around Pittsburgh area and find out which one will work for you!
1) Mudjacking is a foundation repair method that involves injecting grout under the foundation of your home. The process pushes up and locks in place any loose soil or rock below to provide a level foundation.
This is one of the most common foundation repair methods available.
It can be used for both commercial and residential projects, on new foundations as well as old ones.
Mudjacking usually lasts 15 years or more before needing another injection – Talk to an expert today!
2) Helical piers are foundation repair anchors that screw into the ground to support your foundation. This foundation repair method is used for repairing foundations with broken or cracked columns, as well as those suffering from severe settling problems.
Helical pier foundation repairs can be completed in a matter of hours and require no holes to be dug around the perimeter of your home.
They provide stronger support than other foundation repair methods such as mud jacking or slab jacking since they go deeper into the soil below. If you have cracks on any level of your foundation – helical may be right for you!
Talk to an expert today about all things helical pier-related.
3) If your foundation is sinking, you may need to use a foundation repair system like underpinning. This foundation repair technique uses steel beams and hydraulic jacks to lift and support the foundation of your home.
Foundation underpinning is a permanent solution that can last for many years.
It’s often used to fix foundations that have sunk due to poor soil quality or water damage.
If you are unsure if this is the right foundation repair method for you – talk to an expert!
They will be able to help you decide on the best course of action based on your specific situation.
4) If foundation cracks are what you’re dealing with, then foundation crack repair is the foundation repair method for you.
There are many different types of foundation crack repairs available depending on your situation and whether or not there’s any structural damage to your home.
If just a small amount of foundation settling has caused some cracking in places – anchoring may be all that you need.
Or maybe something larger like repairing deep foundation cracks? These can come from poor drainage as well as soil erosion over time so it’s important to discuss these options with an expert! They will know best which foundation repair method would work best for you.
5) Are foundation cracks or foundation settlement your main issue? In this case, a slab-jacking foundation repair method may help.
This foundation repair technique involves injecting grout under the foundation to raise it back up and level out any extreme settling that has occurred over time.
Slab jacks come in a few different strengths for all types of foundations. For example, if you have a small crack – they would use weaker slabs but if there is major damage from soil erosion, they would use stronger ones. Talk with an expert today! They will be able to assess which type of slab jack works best for your particular situation.
As these methods show – whether you are dealing with big issues like cracked columns or smaller problems such as foundation cracks – there is a foundation repair method available to help you. Don’t try to fix your foundation on your own, as this could lead to more costly and time-consuming repairs in the future. Talk with foundation repair Pittsburgh that can recommend the best foundation repair solution for you and get the job done right the first time!
Premier Waterproofing Group
Pittsburgh, PA, United States